Notes to keep in Mind
Notes – Problem – Reaction – Solution
Think about it and to where this leads us to.
1_ Things: an overview – objects
– What is a thing?
- Buying and selling things.
- Innovative and initiative – our strange relationship with things.
- The life and death of things.
- Research things for example the effect of toys on children
Tastes and Values: An Overview
– Approaches and Histories
- why do I like what I like?
- And who says what is Good?
- Guilty pleasures: spectacle and sensation in visual culture.
- Where have all the subculture gone?
- Debating taste – Researching tastes and values.
- First thing; with monsters: The reputation and reality of commercial practices in Art and Design.
- Bleeding specialism: what is the place of discipline specific skills in convergence culture?
- All together now: mapping the collaborative relationship in between…
- The term “postmodern” was first used in Blackboard:
- “It understood as distinguishing from the modem, seems to have been used first in 1917 by the German philosopher Rudolf Pannwitz, to describe the ‘nihilism’ of twentieth century’s Western culture.”
- Term used from about 1970 to describe changes seen to take place in Western society and culture from the 1960s onwards.
What is Culture?
- in business – types of business culture – types of company culture
- in sociology – what is culture in sociology
- in an organisation
- in the workplace
- in business environment
Culture about culture: the media saturation and what makes culture culture?
We are a culture of buying and throwing away, building and destroying things.
1- Research information
2- Find meaning
These are only fractions of my analysis.
At first glance it seems confusing but if we put the pieces together, we can conclude that it makes more sense than it seems at first glance.